Category: Gluten-free dessert and cake recipes
Most Marvellous ChocoCocoNutty Granola with banana ice cream and warm chocolate sauce
We have news: cereal is not just for breakfast! Far from it. It can make a tasty topping for a cake, be transformed into on-the-go snack bars and become a perfect pudding ingredient! In this recipe we show you how you can use our ChocoCocoNutty Granola to whip up a delicious dessert to tickle your tastebuds, round off your evening meal and bring a satisfied grin to the faces of everyone around your table The banana ice-cream is super easy to make and doesn’t require a fancy machine. You can have the chocolate sauce down in minutes (with a little extra time and patience while it cools a little!). And we’ve done the leg work on the granola!
By: Vicky R
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tin (397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large overripe bananas (or three small ones)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (you can use extract but the paste will give the lovely black flecks of vanilla through your ice cream)
- 200ml whipping cream
- 450g dark chocolate
- 30g light brown soft sugar
- ChocoCocoNutty granola
- Step 1 FOR THE ICE CREAM: Whisk the cream, condensed milk and vanilla together in a bowl until fully combined and thickened. Mash the bananas on a plate with a fork and then fold through the cream mixture until evenly dispersed.
- Step 2 Transfer the mixture into a freezable container and place in the freezer to set (preferably overnight but for at least four hours).
- Step 3 FOR THE HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCE: Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and melt over a low heat stirring to combine. When everything has melted and combined, set aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming on the top. Transfer to a squeezy bottle or jug and drizzle over your desserts.