Smoked paprika and cashew dip
We love a good dip and created this smoked paprika and cashew vegan dip as an alternative to houmous for dunking our Most Marvellously Munchable Multiseed Dippers in. It’s too good not to share! This is a nice, easy dip to make and is super quick to bring together (once you’ve soaked your cashews). Like our multiseed dippers, it is suitable for anyone following a vegan diet.
- 100g cashews, soaked
- 1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder (or more if you like more heat!)
- 4 tbsp water (reserved from cashew soaking)
- Step 1 Place the cashews in a heat proof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for an hour.
- Step 2 Drain (saving some of the water, you will use it to bring the dip together) and place the cashews into a food processor or blender with the seasoning and spices.
- Step 3 Whizz until you have a puree then slowly add the water until the dip has loosened (you may not need all 4 tbsp).
- Step 4 Finally, add the lime juice and give the dip one final whizz before decanting into serving dishes and chilling until ready to eat.
- Step 5 Happy dipping!